Monday, April 10, 2006

Thailand, Hong Kong, and Macau...Oh My.

Ok, here it is! I finally got the chance to put up a bunch of pictures of... Thailand, Hong Kong, and Macau. It was an awsome, awsome vacation. I really enjoyed it a lot. The best was by far Thailand. The people were soo friendly and there were soo many things to see. 5 days was not nearly long enough. But, we still managed to accomplish a lot while in Thailand. In Thailand we went to all sorts of different temples, shopping malls, and even the Zoo. Which was also very cool. Elephants are cool. Thailand was very very very hot! it was usually about 36 degrees C so that is umm..96 degrees F.......IN THE SHADE...and it even got hotter..It was insane. But I enjoyed the heat for once. Although, sense it was soo hot, I decided it would be a good idea to drink a bunch of water.....didn`t really think about the fact that the water may not be the best thing to drink in the world...but hey, I am my fathers son right?

Hong Kong was also cool, but there are sooo many people there that the air is very dirty. There was soo much smog it was rather hard to see. But the food was good, and it was neet to be in the Country with the worlds larges population.

Macau was basically a unique little Island Country on this planet. It is a Porgugese Colony that is inhabited by Chinese. So, it had a little of everything, Chinese Culture, Portugese Culture, and new and old areas. It was neat to walk around.


So, I`ll start with Thailand as that is where I went first. Temples in Thailand generally look like this, or the next picture. They are made up of small stones and lots and lots of really small pieces of Gold, glass, and precious stones. It made them shine very brightly.


This is a close up of a temple and you can see all of the small jewls and gold.


This is the another style of temple in Thailand. There were many of these temples scattered throughout the city.


This, was some famous dudes house! The thing was amazing. The inside is even nicer then the outside. Unfortunately we wern`t allowed to take pictures inside. Maybe I`ll build a home like this for my summer home..


So, Thailand is famous for ELEPHANTS!! Yup, lots and lots of Elephants. Elephants, Elephant house stuff, Elephant Jewlery, Elephant Warriors, Elephant gods.. you name it..they got it in Elephant. Anyways, Elephants are cool.


This one particularly liked me..so I stole him....and took off into the woods to go exploring...


And I found this!! OH YAH!! Indiana Jones baby!! An unexplore temple...OF DOOM!! It was great. In Thailand, there arn`t earthquakes..so 400 year old, massive temple complexes still exist.


Most of them were made out of lots and lots of tiny bricks...but this one actually had a large solid dome on it and was quite cool. From the inside, I stole the Golden Elephant of Chzckmabamfnastan...


But it trigerd the giant bolder of death, I ran as fast as I cold away from it.....I almost didn`t make it...while escaping..I lost the the Golden Elephant :(


So, not all of Thailand was Indiana Jones, and stuff. We stayed in Bangkok. A HUGE city that is spread way out. Bangkok has many many shopping areas just packed full of people, cars, and small shopping thingies. They would sell everything and anything for REALLY cheap. You could buy movies that havn`t even come out yet, MP3 Players for 20 dollars, waches, jewlry, and even Licenses and Passports. Corse all of it was fake...but dang!! soo cheap. I was thinking about buying a member of the press license, that would allow me to take pictures anywhere I wanted...but it was a little to expensive.


Then we have Hong Kong. This is a beautifull night scene of Hong Kong Harbour. At 8 o-cock they have an awsome illuminations. It was cool to watch Lazers dance around it the smog filled air (it made the lazers easer to see)


And..in the day.....


Maybe the smog isn`t all from cars, and people living in Hong Kong..maybe it is from All the people burning Incense and Chinese Temples. The Temples were a little bit more fancy then the ones you might find in Japan. It was very interesting.


While there I did the fortune thing where you shake a cup and a fortune comes out. My fortune was ok...but you also receive a symbol. Well, I received a bad symbol so, on my way out, I had to reach inside this dogs mouth and rotate the giant stone that was in his mouth....for good luck of corse...(that and it was just cool)


So, I already mentioned that the food was good right? Well, here yuh go. Yamcha. (yes, the same name as the guy on Dragonball). Yamcha basically means Eat, and Tea. So, you have lots of tea, and slowly eat lots and lots and lots of small foods while drinking tea. It takes over and hour and was ABSOLUTELY delecious!! Nikuman rocked!


This is Macau. This is the face of a building that no longer excists. Very European right? But yet, this is basically a Chinese City. Like I said...Unique.


This is Also Macau. This picture was taken from the top of a very very tall tower. In fact, you could even bungee jump from the tower. Right on! Sorry the pic isn`t very clear..but that`s the best I could do.



All in all, I had a GREAT time and would love to explore more of Asia whenever I get the chance. I would also really like to return to Thailand and send more time there. Maybe go to some surrounding countries as well. Again, if there is anything in particualar that you woudl like to look at, leave a comment and I will see if I can find a picture for yuh. Have a good one!

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi did you know that Bon Jovi is in Japan? Thanks for the great picture and very entertaining running commentaries.
Captain Janeway

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos What a great experience. Did you get your B'day mail? Hoope you find the computor thing useful (I don't remember what it is called, but have a fair idea what it does) The snow is gone...sunshine all day. The nights are getting shorter. It's springtime..
It will be so good to see you. Sent you a UAF 2006 Fall Schedule. Hope you got it by now. Mailed an extra one to your mom.
ILMNick-o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home