Monday, February 27, 2006

Fukuoka

YAY!! FUKUOKA!!!! Well, it`s been a while sense I last added anything....but I have been really busy in Fukuoka. I really really enjoy it here. It`s been sooooo great and the Kawamoto family has been sooooooo nice to me. I am really thankfull for them. Anyways, this computer is slow, and this took me forever to add all of these....and I have a LOT more. Anyways, they arn`t in order because it was too much of a pain in the but....... here yuh go!

There are a lot of old shrines, temples, castles, and building in and around Fukuoka. I absolute love it!! This is the entrance to a Shinto Shrine near the center of the city.



I wan`t one of these!!!! These being a Japanese style ...umm...garden I guess is what you would call it. It has a beautifull old style house in the very middle and this garden is HUGE!!



I am such a Samurai... Look at me contimplating the meaning of life (actually thinking about Japans history...HOW COOL) while sittng on the Tatami (bamboo mats) and drinking my Macha (traditional green tea) looking at the garden of greatness.



Did I meantion I`m awsome!?!? Look at this picture..I`m such a pro! and modest too! :) Oh yah, this is in Oita, Near Chie`s home town! Which by, this area reminded me much of Homer. I am very jelous of Chie and other people that get to live in such a wonderfull place!



LOOK AT ALL THE ONSENS!!! YESSS!! I do believe this is the largest population of hotsprings in Japan. This Picture is of Yufuin city near the Kawamotos second home.




Back to Fukuoka! This is a picture from an old castle. Look at the cool houses...and the view....quite well defended if you ask me.




Yes, this is real.....and rocks are the weirdest looking rocks I have every seen.



OMG A CASTLE!!! How cool is that?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! Can you see the Samurai? Don`t worry, I will try to get closer to take a better picture....it may be dangerous..but I must...



Ok, Ok, defenately am a photographer right?!?!?! Heheheh. I had to kill a couple of Samurai and climb some walls all Ninja style to get this shot, but..damn! it was worth it!




Ok, this is back in Sapporo. After the hands of love were finally finished......turned out ok I guess...it was fun making it though!



and a caslte made out of snow in Sapporo during the snow festival.....but real caslte are much much cooler!

11 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT PICTURES!!!! ARe you wounded from your fights with the Samuri LOL Capatain Janeway Hey where is the wedding Kimono?

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great day in Homer..Your mom and dad are helping finally get our new stove and dishwasher in. We just finished lunch at Don Joses and we have great new snow.. Your mom and I skiied a lot before your Dad came home. I am trying to convince Uncle Lee to go to Nome so we can see the Iditarod...Winter king fishing is the 18th of March. Hope we can do that!! Be safe and have fun. Andrea is traveling in Israel. Thinks your blog is soooo cool. Hugs!!!!!!!P.s. read an article about the Japenese at Chena Hot Springs, apparently they flock there to make babies. Quoting the article "Apparently honeymooners come by the planeload to conceive under the aurora. Allegedly, in their culture it's a good omen to procreate that way." Little bit of Japanese info for you!!!!!!!!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous experience you are having. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful pictures...yep, you are too.heheh So how many "scars" from you "battles" are to be displayed as proof of being the "great warrior"? But then great warriors are never wounded!
We had a bit of wind with the last snow. Mr or Mrs Moose visited leaving their hoof prints on the porch from the diveway to the side yard. Didn't sit in any of chairs...just ambled through.
Katie the Kat, is such a character..she likes to go outside, but not for long We were 17 Blow this morning, but it has already warmed to 7 above. Crazy weather for this time of year.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

Nope, no scars. That`s because I am an elit Samurai! ;). Glad to hear about Homer and Fairbanks. Sounds like another strange winter. Boy aunt Jenny, that would be a lot of fun to watch the Iditarod. Let me know if you get to go. And take pictures if you do! Anyways Mom, I tried putting a picture up of the Kimono, but this computer is kind of old, and I couldn`t get it to save the pictures in the right format....so no pics yet...

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, I am SOOOO jealous. It's beautiful and what a wonderful opportunity you made happen!! A lot of beautiful, different things you are getting to see. Thanks for sharing with us. Darlene Walkden

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kung foo where is your fishing pole!!!
I can mail you some netting should be
some fish in them thar ponds.also still have the canoe in box we never built I could mail that.enjoy seeing your pictures. take care capt bligh

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

Hey thanks for writing! Yah, I am really enjoying my time here! But, yuh know Darlene...sometimes I do miss Homer. It really is one of the most beautifull places I have ever seen. Yah dad, there were a lot of fish in that pond! Lol, I tried feeding them plants and stuff cuz I had no bred of fish food...but they didn`t want to eat any of it! hehehe.

Take care!
Nick

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a fish and shrimp fry at your house the other day. Now it is our turn to reciprocate and I am fixing lamb on my new stove. FINALLY!!!!!!!! Your mom and dad were a big help with the old truck and now I guess the radiator fluid is leaking. No wonder as it is so cold!!! I almost ran into a moose yesterday running back from the mailbox. Scared the .... out of me!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully Uncle Lee can go flying when the weather warms up. He wants to take the snowmachine to our property in Kenai tomorrow. I have bowling (good excuse)...too cold for me on a snowmachine! Hugs, aunJ

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

Man, don`t tell me about a shrimp and fish fry. It makes me sooo hungry...and miss homer too! I bet it was a lot of fun! Good to hear from you Aunt Jenny. Keep me up to date, I enjoy reading your posts. Anyways, were making some dinner. Gotta go! Love yuh.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like this blog is well visted would you like to exchange links? Golden Spur

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad you visited my town! Kawamoto family is very special for me. I am glad you can spend the time with them and feel something. You are always welcome back to Kyushu, brother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home