Saturday, January 07, 2006

Only In Japan

Ok, so I have decided to try and start an Only In Japan post. It will hopefully be comprised of ...well...interesting pictures and maybe any other pictures I might feel lik adding.


So, first, lets go SHOPPING!! It's right after New Years, and everything is on sale!! at least...according to TV......Corse, I wouldn't go to this store....cuz, there is only 3 Minutes of Happiness...I want to be happier for longer then that!
Well, I finally found some jeans that I was thinking about buying...then I realized that they were......yes....yes.... 33,000 yen!!! By, the way, it's about 100 yen to the dollar..so, yes...330 dollars. That's more expensive then a dog that craps gold...(Yes, I just made that up to explain how expensive clothes are in Japan)I was starting to get a little bit discourage about how expensive things were....and then I saw...... YES SKANK!! I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!But, I bought my precious Bumboo shirt instead...how cool is that?? good smell yuh know.Sense we are in Japan, there is no way we could get by without.....you guessed it MANGA!!!! HOOORRAAAYYYYYY (by the way, I was lucky to get a shot with only one person in it...)
After shopping, we went to this huge hotell, took the elivator to the top and took pics....Japan reminds me more and more of cyber punk..anyways, this picture isn't that great, but the story behind it is....So yah, we took this elivator to the top of a cicular hotell (the elivator was in the hollowed out middle, it wasreally cool, and kinda creepy..) At the top, there was a REALLY expensive looking restraunt.....with my foreigner Japanese I told them that I just wanted to look out the window! he said..uh ok, and led us to the corner of a restraunt..I took some pictures and then realized that everyone there were all wearing nice suits and stuff...and we were just a rag tag bunch of kids..they were also kidna looking at us...so we smiled at them..and then RAN!!So, time to eat eh? Lets go to the store..and buy.....FISH!! HOORAY!! Just grab a couple chunks of fish, everyone else is doing it.Ok, ok, don't like fish eh? how about.....RAMEN!!! YESS!!You could also get some......SOY SAUCE!!! goes good on EVERYTHINGSo, can't afford food eh? Ok, fine, just get something to drink!...like...SAKE...(by the way, thoes bottles are MUCH bigger then they look)Well, even if you don't have any money at all..you could just eat bugs....(which by the way tasted good)Well, so the bugs made you change your mind on making food eh? That's fine, let just eat out. At a Kaiten Sushi Restraunt. Now these places rock! Sushi goes round and round on the belt, and you just pick what you want to eat...its cheap too..about a dollar to 2 dollars for cheap plates...which still taste good....but it can get up to 3-4 dollars for expensive plates...What's sushi...Raw Fish, and and....RICE!!! Salmon is my favortie by the way.I..uh...didn't want to eat this one that badly...besides..it was over my price range ;)Just wach out...sometime you can't rack up a good amount without realizing it....(this is near the beggining)....so afterwards...lets go to..a arcade!OMG!! WTF!!! TEH ROXORS!!!..........................
.......
.........ROBOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok, seriously, that thing was cool....like yah...BIG stratagy game, it uses Cards, internet, other people, weapons, ROBOTS, brains, strange hand motions, a touch screen, a big screen that links all the other centers in the world together, and your dog that craps gold.

14 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s interesting. Because I had never thought Japanese cloths are expensive. But U.S. made my mind change. I try to buy more economical car and practical cloth!
Soy Sauce corner is same as cereals/greins/Cheeses in U.S. Sake and Shochu corner is same as good wines in U.S., isn't it?

I envy you to have Hokkaido Sushi! You should try all because they have the best fishes in Japan!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

Lol, yah, clothes arn`t exactly cheap in Alaska either..but I am always surprised at how expensive they are here! It always discourages me.

Lol, yah, I don`t like the fact that there is not very much cereal here! I gotta have my cereal!! I miss Cinamon Toast Crunch sooooo much.....but the Japanese Choco Flakes do all right by me. lol.

I agree, the sushi here is AWSOME. I don`t realy like sushi that much in America, but here I absolutely love it!

でも、アラスカのKing SalmonとHalibutはどうだと思いますか?俺はHalibutが世界の中で一番おいしいと思います。

Lauren-
Bonaire eh? So, did you spend more time in the water then out of the water? Did you scuba dive down to a old sunken pirate ship and find gold? Did, I mention I got to go surfing about a month and a half ago?

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yah, and as far as the Sake goes...yah, it would prolly not be THAT much different from Alchohal stores in the US......except....this wasn`t an alchohal store..it was a regular grocery store, and in the middle of the store is SAKE!!!! yay!!! That, and 80% what is sold is SAKE!! hhehehe. So, that is what I was trying to show....really...really.... ;p

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ignore the FACT that there is a cool belt with those 33,000 yen Lui's Jeans. That adds depth to the jeans-pool...
Did you ever notice how much Maguro looks like the tongue of a deer?
I get all my clothes at garages sales, and that is the cheapest way to go. The only thing I bought this year was a saxophone neck-tie.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gives me something to play on my dates...

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I and Jaque walked on the beach yesterday.
"My mother is visitting from Fairbanks. She wants to see you, so you gotta come! You guys really gotta visit my house and have tea with us on Wednesday. But what should I do, if I forget your coming!?"

It was funny though. We will see her again tomorrow.

Didn't you make a request "Cinamon Toast Crunch" to Santa? Don't eat Morinaga Chocolate Flakes in the morning, lol.

It's hard to compare with King and Haribut! Because can't make "Smoke Halibut" for snack, can we?

I introduce this BLOG on my page.
http://heidihill.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-175.html#comment

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just come back from your home. Your Grand mother is GREAT! You really should write a book abut her wild life, Nick!
Your Blog can not use TRACK BACK?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

LOL, yah, Grandma`s great. But, she is sooo wild that my mom always gets angry at her. LOL. I`m glad you guys had a good visit. My mom loves visiting with you too! Did you meet my uncle Ray? Or has he already returned?

Ok, Ok, why can`t I eat Moringa ChoCho flakes for breakfast? they are good, and taste even better in milk!

Joe, I`m confuesed, can you actually PLAY your saxophone neck-tie?!? AWSOME!!!

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

こんにちわ!!馬斗金くん!!
愛&幸子です。おぼえているかな?
2月に九州にぜったいきてね。
いつでも大かんげい!!
でもママはかえってきてほしそうだね。
千恵のふるさともいっしょに行こうね。

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears window shopping would be of great interest....and the games! ! Not sure my old thumbs and fingers would work well enough for those who like serious action UMmmmm Sushi I would be a serious muncher.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears window shopping would be of great interest....and the games! ! Not sure my old thumbs and fingers would work well enough for those who like serious action UMmmmm Sushi I would be a serious muncher.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUmboo LOLOLOLOLOLO Hilarious I want one!!!!!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

As far as teh games and window shopping goes...WAY too expensive! Seriously. The cheapest game here is 1 dollar..and that is for like a 3 year old game.

Yah, I saw the Bumboo shirt and had to buy it....but, I don`t even know who I am talking too...so, if you leave a comment, you should put your name or something at the bottom ;)....like this:
-Nick

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving this shopping experience!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home