Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas stuff

So, Christmas has been good so far. Last weekend was pritty busy. On Thursday I got to be Santaclaus. I went to Kaori`s (last year`s host sister) school and dressed up as Santclaus and handed out presents. That was fun, I was a little nervous at first but it all turned out ok. It was also cool to see a Japanese Middle school and all that. Quite a bit different I think then the schools you might see in America. After that, I headed into town and did a little bit of shopping. I basically wonder`d around a couple shopping malls and realized that everything was way too expensive! Eventually, I met up with some friends of mine and we all went Christmas shopping together in Tanuki Koji. It was fun. I hadn`t seem them for a while, so it was nice to catch up.

That evening I headed over to a Korean friend of mine`s house and we all (3 koreans and myself) went to the store, bought some ingredients, and cooked Korean food. OMG IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD! And, now, I sort of know how to make it! YAY!!! So, I am going to try making some by myself here soon. It was also really really spicey. It was kind of like a mix between, kimchi and curry. I enjoyed it very much. I have been eating a lot of Korean food lately and I think that Korean food is becoming my favorite food. Its all very very delecious!

Oh yah, I also wound up waching a movie that weekend..well, actually Sunday. KING KONG!! Yah, it was good movie, defenately worth paying the money to watch in Theaters...course, you all have probobly seen it by now...we get movies a little late here. So, Japanese movie theaters are a little different. They are all really nice with great sound and huge screens!! Also...you can buy Carmel Popcorn!! YAY!!!!! Its really good too. The thing that is a little strange though is that Most Japanese are reeeeally really quite durning the movie...like they don`t really laugh, or anything like that. Also, most will stay and watch all the credits...lol...not us Americans! Ha!. Its kinda funny though cuz somebody in the movie will say something or do something that is funny and I will laugh at it..and then realize I am the only one laughing..not that I care..it is just kinda funny is all. Hehhehe. Sometime the Japanese will even look at you for making noise! lol.

This coming weekend will hopefully be a good one. Tommarow (22nd) is the last day of school. So, after class I am going to a place called Sapporo Factory. It is a huge shopping mall with everything in it..like a movie theater, and arcade and all sorts of stores. It also has a big food court/event hall where there should be a big Christmas thing going on. So I`m gunna go there with some friends. Also, they have the worlds best Nikuman. (dough wrapped meat thingies!!)

Well, I gotta go. Write sometime if your interested.

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lots of snow for a snowman and snow fort hahahahahaha how cold is it have a great vactaion!!!!!!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow look at all that snow!! Great pictures!!!!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

How cold is it eh? Well, that depends. For example, two days ago, it was 5 above C (41F) and the snow was melting and it was just wonderfull out! I thought I could go ride my bike...then....it started back up on its (usual) weather of snowing so much you can hardly see the ground, trains stopping, and yah...that kinda stuff. So, today, there is snow up past my knees...(on the sidewalk/road) and drifts up to my chest, and it is about -6C(21F) or colder...depending on the time, supposed to get down to -10C (14F).

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woww!!! more GREAt inforamtion!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home