Saturday, February 04, 2006

Yuki Matsuri!! (Snow Festival)

So, coming up soon will be the Snow Festival!! YAY. Basically, that is where they make all sorts of crazy stuff out of snow. Like houses and all that. Some of them are HUGE. Like 3 stories tall and are really well detailed. I will take some pictures when I get the chance. But, for now, you can look at the pictures of….YESS the snow sculpture we made! The Minapa Group that I am in made a snow sculpture too. Its not done in these pictures..but still, something to look at right. Basically, it will be two hands holding a heart.

Making it.


Me!



Minna. (everyone except for me anyways ^_^)

7 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating!! HOw did you get the snow to stick?

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Looks like fun! I like the hands/heart idea. Helping hands are my project these this year, too.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Sapporo made news in America National about the snow sculpters the news said millions of visitors are expected from around the world to see the Gigantic snow sculptures made in sapporo. How fun to be a part of that!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know.. I remeber a better snow sculpture in the parking lot of HHS... heheh.
-Kris

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

Yah, I am excited to be a part of it as well! It was also fun making the sculpture as well. The other sculptures are amazing too!

So yah, Millions of people come from all over the world...which means, recently, I have been seeing a lot of foreigners around...damn foreigners...get out of my Japan!

LOL Kris. hehehe Yah, I tried to get them to go with our Alaska Orriginal Snow Sculpture, but, they would go with it.

-Nick

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that thar snow stuff over thare is it reel??do thay use chopsticks to carve the sculpters??on that side of the world do they still ski down
or are you sking up. free willy

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't heard from you for a while. Miss you. It has been up in the 30's ABOVE. Sure makes it difficult on the ice carvers here.
the icepark is suppose to open the last day of February. I'm hoping for 20 or 30 below.
Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home