Thursday, March 09, 2006

In the beginning

Ok, well, its only a couple of days into my vacation and I have already taken over 200 pictures (prolly over 300), Anyways, right now, I am sitting on the tatami mats (soft bamboo mats) in my cool Japanese style room typing on my friends laptop using the AWSOME WIRELESS LAN...(yah....over 2 mbs a sec). How cool is that? This Hostell is REALLY nice....and the food is AWSOME! Ok, ok, enough about the hostel.

Lately, I have gone to many different amazing places. I have visited quite a few temples, shrines, and samurai houses!! YAY!! I really like Japans countryside. Very beautifull. There are a lot of tambo (rice fields) everywhere! While staying in Toyama, I was showed around by Chie's brother who is a very very awsome person. I am quite jelous of Chie to have such a wonderfull brother. Anyways, he took us to many awsome places with some great views, introduced us to his awsome friends and even made food for us (which was REALLY good home made food). We also stayed at a place called Mamiana. What a wonderfull house! It is a VERY old Japanese style house. It was a litte cold for March, but was still a wonderfull experience to be able to stay in such a house. I really reminded me of Spirited Away, by Miyazaki Hayou. It was an old umm...polititions house I do beleive. But it was also used as a type of bed and breakfast or hotell even. There are enough open rooms....(which are HUGE, bigger then our garage) to hold about 20-30 people I think. It was very very neat! Also, this house was in the countryside and most of the food was grown, or made by the people who live there so it was all very delecious and very good for you.

Anyways, we also went to Kanazawa and saw the Castles and parks there. I will build a caslte some day...oh yes...I will build a caslte some day...... Well, I don't know how much time I have, but I will try to add as many pictures as I can. If I don't get them now, I will add them later. Hope you enjoy. (Oh yah, once again, please look at these pictures from the bottom up...it'll make more sense and will corrispond to the oreder in which I took them) *grumbles at blogger's stupid uploading inability*

Ok, out of time for now, so this is the last picture. This is a part of a HUGE garden park that we went to in Kanazawa. It was quite beautifull. This lake is in fron't of one of thoes affore mentioned Japanese Tea houses. Imagine drinking tea, chilling out, looking at this scenery and contimplating life.....(like building a caslte).



This is the means of transportation I took to get to Nounetsu to meet up with Chung and Akira. Yup the ferry! It took 20 some odd hours...but it wasn't soo bad. My room was on the 5th floor and I had it all to myself. This thing was huge!!! didn't feel a single wave and it was quite smooth riding and fast. Also, it was easy to sleep on so the trip was pritty relaxing. It had a restraunt, and a indoor hotsprings, and even a Arcade room! I spend most of the time in what you might call 10 forward...the dining area with big windows facing the fron't of the ship. There I sat and listened to music, studied some Japanese and thought about where I am going to build my caslte someday.



Ok, so, I finally did it!! I rode a Shinkansen!! (bullet train) HOW COOL!!! Look at this dynamic picture. I had to set the camera on Ultra Super Meccha Yabaibe~ Ultrasonic fast mode to take this picture as these two bullets were traveling at speeds of 238729358.2 miles an hour. (I think they were racing eachother). .........Ok, I lied, in fact, I think this place was kind of like a Doughnut shop for cops......lots and lots of Bullet Trains just sit around this area not doing a whole lot except for looking cool...and they are very cool. I must buy a bullet train some day. It was like ......riding inside a fast cylindrical object....like riding inside....A BULLET!! HOW COOL!!!!!



Ah yes Take Mori.......(bamboo forest) I will own one of these some day....oh yes.. Bamboo is sooo cool!! So, your wondering what I am doing right? Well, isn't it obvious, you've seen the movies...you know how NINJAS work, flying one bamboo to the next....I was defending myself of corse...they were attacking me from all sides..I was lucky to get the picture and get out with my life......(don't beleive me? I even have a shuriken that stuck into my leg while I was fending my way out).



Ok, this was at a restraunt we went to shortly before I left Fukuoka. Doesn't that food look soo pritty it really shines doesn't it?...well guess what...it shines even more when it moves around on the plate....yah....MOVES around on the plate...as in, it isn't dead.....as in...when you bite it, it's tenticles wrap around your tongue and try to stop themselves from going down your throught.......Anyways, it did taste good...even if it didn't want to be eaten.

8 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a trip ! ! ! Loved the pictures and the comments.
While in the "Bullet Train", did you feel any G's?

Do you remember George Matz? Granda taught him to fly years ago and then later on he flew for us.
His widow Jane, wholives in Seattle, said she sent you a message and wondered if you got it.

I love you and hope to come visit you in your castle someday.

Love, Love

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive been working at the Ice Park, again this year. The theme this year is "ICE". Camera, Action. It got the attention of Hollywood since it relates to Ice Age-Meltdown. One of the actors whose voice belonged to an Ice Age critter, will be here Sunday along with the Govenor..they are going to "cut" the ice ribbon for the grand opening (kprobably with a torch). However, the park has been open for hockey games, playing in the kids park section and people watching the carving process since Feb 28th. The Single block ice carving has already been judged. The multi-block will be finished to day. The Kids Park has Ellie the Mammoth with a huge slide off her back, Scat and many other critters carved in ice. Fox News is suppose to televise the occassion.
WE finally are having cold weather. It was 28 below this moring, but the clouds came by and it is now about 15 below. LOVE< LOVE

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

Hey, Good to hear about the Ice Show. I would like too see it, send pictures please!! ;). So, are you going to get on TV?? COOL!!! Hehehehheheheh. Right now, I am in Nagoya, and I am going to visit my friend Yuta here and we are going to the Nagoya Caslte among other things. It should be fun!

The bullet train is very very smooth. In fact, it is smoother then a Airplane and MUCH COOLER!! I really enjoyed it.

Hmm, I don't seem to recall receiving a msg from Jane. Please have her send it again if she can.

Anyways, I will add more pictures later when I get the chance. Right now, it is late and my friend wants to use his computer. So, I'll add stuff later. :)

Love You!

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog!!!!!!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Nickson I liked your bullet train picture!!! ILMAO at your narrations they are hiliarious! You seem to be having the time of your life in japan, I am so happy for you that you are experiencing different cultures and having a great time doing it! We're all really proud of you Nick, I always brag about you. When you come tro Texas ya'll have to stay at the Botkin B&B!

Melissa

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Nobodyhearsyou said...

I can`t wait to stay at the Botkin B&B. It sounds AWSOME!!!! (I would love to eat some real texan food too!)

Thanks for writing Melissa. Good to hear from you and I`m glad you brag about me! :) I think I need it. heheheheheh Anyways, right now, I am in between vacations and only have about 2 days...so I may not have time to add to my blog untill I get back from China....UGGHHH!!!! Anyways, when I do get back..It`ll take a while to add the pictures...but I`ll get most of them! ;)

Have a good one!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nick your blog is great. Carol bacon

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nick, hisashiburiburi! I love your pictures. Mada nihon ni iru??

I dont know ur email address so oshiete!

Uj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home