Friday, April 07, 2006

A quick blog on the Kyoto Osaka and Nara areas.

Ok, first off! My favorite... INARI JINJA!!! Or I guess you could call it a Fox Shrine. So, what exactly is a Inari Jinja? Its a shrine dedicated to the Fox God (I think ;) and instead of having to Dogs protecting it. It has two Foxes. Also, the Torii (Gates) in fron`t of the shrine are red (or reddish orange). This particular Inari Jinja is called the Fushimi Inari Jinja and is in Kyoto. It is famous for its unbelievable amount of Torii in fron`t of it. There are at least a few thousand. Sense I absolutely love Torii, I really really love this shrine...sooo cool.


Don`t belevie me about the Torii...HORA!!! Look at this!! OH YAH!!..and this was just the beginning there were so many it made my head spin.......it was pritty funny, I saw one single guy, sitting on some scafolding painting ONE of the torii, I looked at him chuckled and said, boy, that`s gotta take a long time....he looked at me and sighed...hehehe


This is a Famous temple in Kyoto called KyoMizu Temple....(which I think is soemthing like Today and Water........?........) It is really big and has many different structures too it. The platform where all of the people are standing is a popular picture spot. From there, you can see most of Kyoto.


This is another famous shrine and I can`t think of the name of it right now... maybe meji jingu shrine....In ancase, the color green on the roof was awsome and it went really well with the red walls.


This is Nagoya-Jo (Nagoya Caslte) in....yup you guessed it..NAGOYA! The inside was basically a giant museum, and this castle is famous for its Golden Dolphins...except, that is a mistranslation....they are actually Golden Orcas...so yes, this castle is famous for it`s Golden Orcas.....yah...Golde.......ok anyways...there to two big shiny goldy things on top of the roof of the caslte.


This is Shiragawago Village. Because it is in the middle of the mountain it was locked away from the rest of the world for a very long time. As such, it still maintains many of the old ways of life and was a great place to kind of visit the past. It`s most famous attribute is the Gasho style houses. These house have about 6 foor thick thached grass/hay roofs. The way they make these houses is completely different then any other style of house. This villige was deemed a national herritage and some of the houses were as well. In fact, the house that we stayed in was deemed a National Herritage! It was awsome! (The food was the best as well!)


Ok, on to random scenery. This is ...A SHRUBBERY!!......with a little path down the middle. AND BUMBOO!!! *caugh* I mean...bamboo.


Maiko Girls at the KyoMizu temple. Unfortunately it was raining...but oh well. Oh yah, I fogot to mention....in Kyoto, if you wear a Kimono most everything was free. For example, Museums, Temples, Shrines, you name it..it`s free. So, there were a lot of Girls wearing Kimonos...ahh....yess..... *drooool* and no, you may not see thoes pictures ;p.



umm...Pritty Japaneseish stuff.... Someday.........it will be mine...oh yes....it will be mine.


My fron`t yard will be the one above (except I`ll have a big lawn as well)..and my driveway will be something like this except much wider so that all my big toys can make it through...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home